About BAMS Course:
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery(BAMS)
is an integrated Indian Degree in the medical field. This degree program is conferred to those students who studied modern medicines and traditional Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is one of the ancient medical systems of the world. It traces its roots to the Vedic period. It is not only providing the cure but also prevent the recurrence of diseases. According to the Ayurvedic, there are only three kinds of dysfunctions or disorders in the human body Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. These dysfunctions are commonly called as the Dosha in Ayurvedic terminology. Kapha meant Phlegm (water and earth), Pitta meant Bile (fire & water) and Vata meant Wind (air and space). Ayurvedic says that a person got ill when he gets out of the harmony of said three doshas.
The Serene greenery of Sayadri Hills of Western Ghats is the home for traditional practices of Ayurveda since ages. Here Ayurveda is the first line of treatment for human ailments. The plush green habitat of this area is the inspiration for the people of this area to lead a ‘satwik’ life. People here are known for kindness, generosity, culture, etc. These very points inspired the mentors of this institution, DHANVANTARI AYURVEDA COLLEGE, HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH CENTRE, SIDDAPUR to dream about the institution of these lines which was materialized in the year 1996 with the inception of Ayurvedic Education
Course Duration: 5 ½ Years (Study Period – 4 ½ Years + Compulsory Rotating Internship 1 Year)
Syllabus: As per Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore curriculum.
- Selection: Merit for selection is decided by the entrance (KCET/ COMEDK) examination result wherein a minimum of 50% marks are mandatory. However, in respect of SC/ST candidates, the minimum percentage of marks required is 40% instead of 50%
Why Choose BAMS?
BAMS has spread throughout the world and it’s career opportunities are innumerable –
- The candidate having the BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) degree is eligible to be called as a doctor as well as to proceed with their private practice.
- One can get a job in government Ayurveda hospital as an ayurvedic pharmacist.
- After the completion of this course, candidates also have an opportunity to open their own retail shop of Ayurveda medicines.
- A lectureship is also an option for BAMS graduates. They can find employment in private and government Ayurveda Institutes.
- One could also find other jobs such as Therapist, Category manager, Business development officer, Sales representatives, Product Manager, Pharmacist, Jr. clinical trial coordinator, Medical representative, Ayurvedic doctor, Sales executive, Area sales manager, Assistant claim manager health, Manager – internal audit and so on in offer.
CALL +91-9742814850 RANJEET SINGH FOR DETAILS ABOUT FEES STRUCTURE, ADMISSION PROCESS, AND OTHER SIMILAR QUERIES.
With the guarantee of good placements, students succeed in finding the best job opportunities after BAMS. The institution has succeeded very well in obtaining excellent placements for all its students. Every year, several pharmaceutical companies visit the college campus to employ the best students in a range of well-paid designations.
- Ayurvedic Resort
- Clinical Trials
- Healthcare IT
- Life Science Industries
- Nursing Home
- Panchkarma Ashram
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Research Institutes
- Spa Resort
- Lecture Halls
- Sports Ground
- Hostel Facilities
- Transport Facilities