About PES University
PES University (PESU), formerly PES Institute of Technology (PESIT), is a private university in Bengaluru, India. Established in 1972, it is focused on four main educational areas: Engineering, Medicine, Management and Life Sciences. The institutions offer both foundation courses in these areas, as well as specialization with a Bachelors/ Master/ Ph.D. degree. It was upgraded to university status in 2013.Students from across the world take Admission in PES University, making it one of the Top 10 Engineering College.
Moreover, PES University has three more campuses which are:
- PES University Electronic City Campus
- PES University Hanumanth Nagar Campus
- PES Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.
PES University Admission Eligibility:
- For admission in B.E/B.Tech., the candidate must have 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th or equivalent.
- For B.Des. , Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Arts, Science, Commerce or any other relevant stream and should have studied English as a mandatory course along with valid UCEED or university test scores.
- For B.Arch., Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and should have studied mathematics as a mandatory course along with valid NATA scores.
- For BBA.LLB., the candidate must have at least 45% marks in 12th from any recognized board. Also, CLAT and PESSAT score is also mandatory.
- For BCA, BHM, and BBA, the candidate must have done 12th or equivalent qualification.
PES University Engineering Courses
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology
- B.E in Information Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E in Telecommunication Engineering
PES University Fees Structure & Admission Prcoess
Firstly, Admission to PES University is done through common entrance test PESSAT. Provided that this test is conducted for each course. However, those who have scores of a national level entrance exam in their concerned stream can also apply.
PES University FAQ’S
What is the PES University Admission Procedure ?
PES Institute of Technology (PESIT) is one of the most prestigious institutions to pursue Engineering in the silicon valley of India. It was started in the year 1972 and obtained autonomous status in the year 2013 and renamed as PES University. PESU is considered amongst the best Engineering colleges in Bangalore as well as India. For students aspiring to join PESU, the online exam PESSAT(PES University Scholastic Aptitude Test) is the deciding factor, post clearing the basic eligibility cut off percentage! The PES college website contains the eligibility criteria for both students from Karnataka( KCET) and outside Karnataka. PES considers a wide range of qualifying exams for students wanting to join. For students from Karnataka, it is KCET and PESSAT Exams. For students who come from various parts of India and abroad they consider the scores of GMAT, CAT, CMAT, GRE, MAT, PGCET, UCEED, and other recognized national level exams.
How are the placements at PESIT college?
The placements at PESU or PESIT is profoundly organized and equally favorable to all disciplines. To facilitate the aspirants the companies are divided into Tier 1 to 4 based on the number of opportunities provided and salaries offered. As of 2019, PESU had 851 offers from various companies with a salary bracket of a maximum of 48 lacs per annum to a minimum of 4.5 lacs per annum. Microsoft was the most sought after recruiter that made 11 offers to the PESU engineering graduates. More than 50 companies visit PES university during the recruitment drives. The companies visiting PESU are spread across sectors like Technology, healthcare, pharmaceutical, medical electronics, Banking & financial or E-commerce, Civil, Bio-Technology, Architecture, and consulting to name a few.
How is the Infrastructure at PES University?
Regarded amongst the top Engineering colleges in Bangalore, PESIT or PES University has great infrastructure. It is speculated that in the coming years PESIT will have the best college infrastructure in the whole of Bangalore. To encourage the students in their extracurricular activities the college has a Cricket stadium which is managed by the former Indian captain and coach Anil Kumble.
The hostel facilities for year 1 are the current campus near the electronic city, which is around 5 km away from the college, and transportation to the college is provided. Years 2 to 4 are inside the premises, which makes it easier to access. The hostel expense comes to around Rs. 1 lac per year. Since the cost of the food is also covered in this making it cost-effective. The college is now building a hostel inside the college campus which is expected to be completed by 2022-23.
What is the application process for PESSAT?
Applying for PES University is by taking an exam called PESSAT. This is an exam formulated by PES college for all its applicants. It is quite straightforward and can be done online. Below mentioned is an outline of the process:
- Go to the PES university website https://pessat.pes.edu.
- Click the Register now button.
- Ensure to fill up all the required details correctly.
- Upload scanned copies of photographs and documents required and confirm.
You will be directed to the payments page, wherein you will have to pay a sum of INR 1050 as a registration fee.
- Registration fee can be paid either via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Challan/ DD in favor of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore.
- In case of payment via Demand Draft or a DD, you need to procure the DD from a bank and fill-in all the required details.
- Once done you can click Submit to complete the application process.
- Make sure to take a print out of the form and send it in an envelope to the following address:
- Ph:+91 80 2672 6622
What are the eligibility criteria for applying to PES University?
The basic criteria to apply or get through at PES is an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics(PCM) in the 12th standard or equivalent. There 7 disciplines or specializations one can avail in PES University. The number of seats in each vary. In Biotechnology & Civil Engineering it is 60 seats. Computer Science has the highest intake of students with 600 seats. The second highest is Electronics and Communication with 360 seats. Electrical and Electronics have 120 seats, while Mechanical Engineering has 240 seats.
PES University Gallery
B.E Programs at PESIT South Campus
Engineering degrees at PESIT South Campus are offered in the following departments:
Computer Science and Engineering.
Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Information Science and Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PESIT South Campus Placements
The placement cell of PESIT South Campus has ensured over the years that all the eligible candidates have got placed in companies with good credentials. These include renowned MNCs as well as start-ups both in products and services sector.
PES University Admission Procedure
Admission to PES University is done with the help of the common entrance test PESSAT. Besides, students having scores in any national level entrance examination can also apply.
PES College Fee Structure
As already mentioned, direct admission can be taken into the college with the help of management quota. 25% of the seats are reserved for the students willing to take admission in this category.
PES University Admission Procedure
There is a separate entrance test for the students, known as PESSAT, for the students willing to take admission in the college. Scores in other valid engineering entrance tests are also counted. Then there is the management quota for students who have not done well in the exams.
For admission into B.E./B.Tech, the candidate should have 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry or Maths in Class 12 or equivalent exams.
PES Group of Institutions, Bangalore Placements
Because of the proven track record of the students passing out from these colleges, many companies will to hire from here. Thus, there has been an impressive track record of students getting placed in some of the best companies, from this group of colleges.
PES University Fee Structure
It is always better to contact the admission counsellors in the Admission Campus of the block to know about the fees structure, because they will differ for students taking direct admissions and students clearing the entrance tests.
PES University Bangalore Reviews and Feedbacks
Established in the year 1972, PES University, Bangalore is one of the premier engineering colleges.
It offers both foundation and specialization courses in many stream s of engineering.
Students from all over the world take admission in PES University, thus making it secure a rank in the top 10 engineering colleges.